- Assessors use mass appraisal techniques and market averages to estimate your market value.
- They often make simple factual, clerical, and methodology errors.
- Assessors usually use outdated sales comparables. Our analysis indicates the average residential sale comparables utilized in St. Louis County are nearly 2 years old.
- They don’t know the specifics of your property.
- Your property may have deferred maintenance such as roof, HVAC, plumbing, etc., that may lower the taxable market value of your property.